Always Safe Diving Practices
Always Safe Diving Practices – Raja Ampat Doberai Private Island prioritizes diving activity as one of the activities that our guests could do in our private Urai island. Hence, Raja Ampat Doberai Eco Resort ensures that all of the diving equipment, speed boat, safety first tool kits, and standard Operating Procedure are all applied and in a good shape or condition. By doing that, Raja Ampat Doberai Eco Resort would be able to give assurance to our guests that they are in the right hand to do their scuba diving activities.
As just like anyother activities, scuba diving or diving should be comfortable and safe. Here is an example – an example of safe diving practices with the aim to improve safety and comfort while doing scuba diving. They are written as follow:
- Maintain physical and mental health to bein a good condition for diving. Avoid the influence of alcohol or dangerous drugs when doing diving activity.
- Practice the skills Scuba Diving as always, always trying to improve skills through ongoing training and reviewing conditions after a certain period of inactivity diving, and still refer to the training materials to keep in mind the information – information that is important. So it has its own training manual is very IMPORTANT, as reference after completion of training.
- Know where you do the dives. If not quite familiar, ask for help from the local dive orientation competent.
- If diving conditions worse than you have ever experienced, then you should postpone diving or select other alternative dive sites that has better condition.
- Not to dive in caves, shipwrecks or technical diving activities, unless specially trained to do so.
- Use a complete diving equipment, well maintained, reliable, and already you know; Check whether the equipment according to the size and function before a dive.
- Listen carefully to the briefing / briefing before the dive, pay attention and respect the advice of those who supervise dive activities (divemaster or instructor).
- Understand that it takes special training if you want to perform a certain activity dives, diving in different geographical locations, and or if we do not do the dives more than 6 months.
- Obey the partnership system (Buddy System) on each dive. Plan dives well, including dive profile, how to communicate, if the procedure separately with diving partner, and emergency procedures with our buddy.
- Understand how to use Table Diving (Dive Table) and Dive computer.
- Plan all no-decompression dives and uses conservative margins in planning dives. Always check the depth and time during underwater.
- Limit maximum depth at the appropriate level with training and experience.
- Limit the speed rises to the surface does not exceed 18 meters per minute. Be a SAFE Diver – Slowly Ascend From Every dive (Up to surface slowly on every dive).
- Perform Safety Stop on every dive as an additional precaution, usually at a depth of 5 meters for 3 minutes or more.
- Maintain appropriate buoyancy. Adjust the ballast system on the surface for neutral buoyancy with how to clear the air of the BCD. Maintain neutral buoyancy under water. Using positive buoyancy to swim or rest on the surface of the sea.
- Use ballast system that is easy to be released. It is important to control buoyancy when there are problems during the dive.
- Breathe properly for diving. Do not hold your breath or breath delay if breathing using compressed air, and avoid excessive hipper-ventilation while doing Skin Diving.
- Avoid tiring activities while diving under the water and dive in accordance with the limits of our ability.
- Use a boat, float or other support surface tool when needed.
- Know and obey the law – law / local rules relating to diving, including about fishing, fishing rules and regulations use dive flag.
Such tips are safe diving practices, hopefully we are able to dive comfortably without having to ignore safety dives. Hope it is useful.