Raja Ampat Regency is a new regency which separated from Sorong Regency in 2004. It encompasses more than 40,000 km² of land and sea, which also contains Cenderawasih Bay, the largest marine national park in Indonesia. It is a part of the newly named West Papua (province) of Indonesia which was formerly Irian Jaya. The islands are the most northern pieces of land in the Australian continent.
Upon arrival at Sorong airport, you will be met by our Guest Relations staff who will assist you from that point on.
The boat transfer from Sorong to Urai Island will take about 1.5 ? 2 hours (weather dependent). We can arrange domestic flight tickets within Indonesia and can provide details of reputable ticket agents who you can contact by yourself to purchase your tickets.
At Sorong Airport you’ll be charged Rp.16,000. departure tax. This tax can only be paid in Indonesian currency (Rupiah) and is about 1 Euro.
At the International Airport in Manado where you leave Indonesia the departure tax is Rp.100,000.-, in Denpasar/Bali Rp.150,000.-.
In fact, we provide payment through Pay Pal to ensure security.
Settlement payment is the evening before departure in our office.
We also accept cash in US$ (only 100 USD notes issued in 2006 or after) Euro/€ and IDR Rupiah.
Wi-fi Internet access is ready to use.
- Dive Certification card & Dive insurance
- 3 passport photos and 3 copies of your passport for your travel permit which we will arrange for you
- A passport valid from 6 months from the time of entry. Nationals of most countries will be granted a 30-day Visa on Arrival for 25 USD. Please be sure you have one full empty page in your passport in which to put the visa sticker. Please check the latest regulations. You may be asked by Indonesian Immigration officials to show a copy of your airline ticket out of Indonesia within the 30-day period.
- A reef hook, if you have.
- Sun protection, hats and sunglasses. We are situated only 50 km south of the Equator; you will burn easily if unprotected.
- Insect repellant & light coloured clothes. Although there are very few mosquitoes on the island, Malaria is present in Papua. Take special care in the early morning and just before sunset. Long sleeves and long pants and mosquito repellent will help to protect you; common sense and normal precautions apply.
- Your favourite tipple. It’s very difficult (and very expensive) to get alcohol in Sorong. We encourage you to bring your favourite bottle of wine or spirits from the Duty-Free shop in your home country.
- Good walking shoes & binoculars (especially if you want to join visit the Birds of paradise)
- Please bring all necessary medication. We highly recommend bringing antibiotic eardrops & antihistamine tablets.
- Please plan carefully to minimise your rubbish. When possible, choose rechargeable batteries. We also encourage you to take them back to your home country since we try to minimise rubbish and cannot easily deposit it.
Western Indonesian Time : GMT +7 (Jakarta)
Central Indonesian Time : GMT +8 (Manado / Makassar)
Eastern Indonesian Time : GMT +9 (Raja Ampat)
Please beware of that when taking domestic flights.